Changemaker Visionaries Institute
Ready to change the world? Join the Visionaries Institute, a leadership program from The Changemaker Project for innovators who are ready to build and launch high-impact nonprofits and social ventures!
CALLING ALL INNOVATORS
- Are you passionate about a social justice issue and want to make an impact, but don't know where to begin?
- Are you considering a career change oriented towards meaning and purpose?
- Do you have an existing, early-stage nonprofit or social enterprise you'd like to build and grow?
Wherever you are on your journey, the Visionaries Institute can support you in making a meaningful impact on the cause that's most important to you.
From September through May, we provide the tools, training, mentorship, and coaching you need to design, build, and launch the nonprofit or social venture of your dreams.
Alongside the support of an incredible community of like-minded innovators, you'll receive:Research-based, accessible online curriculum (see below)
- Live workshops each month where you'll meet experts in the social enterprise and nonprofit world, including foundation leaders, fundraising professionals, and founders
- Templates, tips, and tools to help you set up a successful nonprofit or social venture
- Personalized feedback on your strategic plan
- The opportunity to pitch your project for funding at Global Pitch (Feb. 11th)
- Optional add-on: Edit + review of your first grant by a grant-writing professional
- Optional add-on: 1:1 coaching sessions over the course of the program to support you in building your venture
- STRATEGY: Visioning, developing SMART goals, strategic planning, and proof of concept validation (all rooted in Stanford's Design Thinking process)
- BRAND: Design fundamentals in logo and website design, social media strategy, communications, and video-based storytelling
- LEGAL: Building a board, setting up a legal entity, applying for 501(c)3 status and trademarks
- FUNDRAISING: Measuring impact, creating an organizational budget, grant-writing, sponsorships, and donor cultivation
- RELATIONSHIPS: Engaging board and volunteers, building partnerships, team management, managing donors and stakeholders, Non-Violent Communication (NVC) core skills and training
- VALUES: Examining intersectionality of social justice issues, defining organizational values and ethics
- GROWTH: Building confidence and resilience, mindfulness training, self-care tools, and weekly reflection exercises
AnnaLise is an educator, artist, and entrepreneur. She holds a bachelor's in philosophy and art from the University of Notre Dame, a master's in education from Harvard Graduate School of Education, and a California teaching credential. She has been a classroom teacher, environmental educator, nonprofit director, and sustainable food startup founder.
AnnaLise believes that education is the most powerful tool for achieving social change, which is why she launched The Changemaker Project in 2017. TCP is a 501(c)3 nonprofit which has provided over 2000 youth in 30+ countries with the tools, mentorship, and funding to make an impact in their communities. Her vision is to empower changemakers all over the world to find their voice, take action on the issues they care about, and create a more equitable and compassionate world.
Outside of TCP, AnnaLise is pursuing a PhD in Comparative International Education at UCLA, where she studies how schools around the globe foster empathy.